17 February 2016

Would you like beer with that?

Baby corn Manchurian

The Manchurian belongs to the cuisine of India — likely some early Chinese expatriate’s adaptation of a dish from his distant homeland. Here we would call it for what it is: sweet and spicy vegetable.

Usually made with cauliflower (here young corn), it is apparently a popular sumsuman/pulutan (bar food) in that side of the world. Don’t you just love those Indians? Even when they’re drinking they still mind their vegetables! No wonder there are so many of them despite modest population growth. I should serve this to my drinking buddies. “Molutaw,” they’d probably say. It’ll float right back up. Please pass the chicharon.

Baby corn Manchurian

I followed this recipe. It’s the dry version of the dish, or at least the drier, there being another with a lot more sauce (some say gravy). Me, I prefer my vegetables simpler. Much, much simpler. I would live longer if they did not pair so well with liempo, which also goes down nicely with–

But never mind.

This post has no comments.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...